Data Privacy Notice
Data Privacy Notice for Customers & Suppliers
General Data Privacy Notice for Sasolgermany.de
We’re happy to welcome you to our website. The protection of your personal data is very important to us. In the following, we will inform you about the collection and processing of data during visits to our website and when contacting us. We will also inform you of which rights you may assert.
1. Responsible authority and data protection officer
The authority responsible for the collection and processing of data is:
Sasol Germany GmbH
Further details can found under Imprint [LINK]. http://www.sasolgermany.de/impressum/
If you have any questions regarding your rights or the processing of data, our data protection officer will be happy to help you. They can be reached at:
2. Visiting our website
In the following, we will inform you about:
a) what data are collected during your visit to our website,
b) for what purposes these are processed, and
c) the options you have to control the collection and processing of data yourself, and when the data will be deleted.
a) When visiting our website, the following information is automatically transmitted by your browser:
- Date, time and duration of the visit
- Name of your Internet service provider
- Name of the website that directed you to us
- Your device’s IP address
- Your browser type and its version
- Transferred data volumes and access status (file transferred, file not found, etc.)
- Your device’s operating system and the version of the operating system as well as the name of your access provider
b) These data help give us a statistical insight into the ways in which our website is used, which then allows us to improve our offer. In addition, the collection of data allows us to retrace and prevent any unauthorised access to our web server or misuse of the website.
When you visit our website we collect data with the help of cookies. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your device. Cookies usually contain a cookie ID i.e. a unique identification feature that can be used to identify your browser.
Depending on the kind of the cookies, different data is collected and processed.
Our website uses analysis cookies: With the help of these cookies we track your user behavior when you use our websites, e.g. which parts of the websites you use, how often you visit our websites. We use third party cookies only.
Purposes of data processing:
Analysis cookies help us generate statistics on how our websites are used, for instance the number of requests, duration of the visits, which parts of our websites are the most popular. This helps us to measure how effective our presence on the Internet is, to evaluate the activity on the websites and coordinate website content and functionality to improve the user experience.
We process data based on legitimate interests. Our legitimate interest is to achieve the described purposes as outlined in this document. We process data based on your consent. You consent by clicking the button on our cookie banner.
Retention period and controlling options:
Some of the cookies are deleted after the browser is closed (session cookies), while others remain permanently on your device and allow us to recognise your browser (permanent cookies).
You are able to disable the storage of cookies or selectively accept certain cookies in the cookie banner.
You are also able to disable the storage of cookies or selectively accept certain cookies in your browser. Please use the Help functions of your browser to learn how to change these settings. Note this may result in limited functionality of our website.
We use the code "get. _anonymizeIP ();“ This results in Google shortening your IP address and allowing an anonymised evaluation. The reduction of IP addresses occurs within the EU or the European Economic Area. The IP address submitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data.
The data collected with the help of cookies is usually transferred to a Google server and stored there. Compliance with data protection standards and data rights is ensured by a certification under the EU-US privacy shield.
See the Google Privacy statement [https://policies.google.com/privacy] for more information.
Purposes of data processing:
On our behalf, Google uses the data collected through Google Analytics to evaluate the use of our website, to compile reports on the website activities and to provide further information related to the use of the website.
Data is processed based on your consent. You consent by clicking the button on our cookie banner.
Retention period and controlling options:
Data is stored for a period of 14 months. You can prevent the storage of the Google Analytics cookies by a corresponding setting in your browser. This may restrict the functionality of our website.
You may also prevent the collection of data generated by cookies and use of the website (including your IP address) by Google and the processing of such data by Google by clicking the Opt-Out Button located on our cookie banner, this will place an opt-out-cookie on your browser. Learn more by clicking on the link below: https://policies.google.com/technologies/managing
3. Making contact
In the following, we will inform you of:
a) what data are collected and processed when you contact us,
b) for what uses they are processed and by whom, and
c) when the data are deleted.
Contact form / Email
a) We collect and process the information you provide, such as your e-mail address and name, when you contact us via a contact form or by e-mail
b) Your data are processed by our customer service team exclusively based on your enquiry in order to respond to it.
c) The data are then deleted when they are no longer needed, once the enquiry is resolved.
4. Your rights
Revocation of consent
You can revoke any permissions given for the processing of your data at any time with future effect. A revocation of consent can be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the address given above. Please note that the revocation does not affect the legality of the previous data processing and that it does not extend to such data processing, for which there is a legal reason for permission and which therefore can be processed without your consent.
In addition, you are entitled to the following rights according to Articles 15 to 21 and 77 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), subject to fulfilment of the relevant statutory requirements:
- Information: You can request at any time that we disclose which personal data of yours we are using and provide you with a copy of your saved personal data, Article 15 GDPR.
- Rectification of incorrect personal data and completion of incomplete personal data, Article 16 GDPR.
- Deletion of your personal data: Please note that the deletion excludes data that are required for the implementation and execution of contracts; for the establishment, exercise and defence of legal claims; or that must be retained due to legal, regulatory or contractual obligations, Article 17 GDPR.
- Restriction of processing: Under certain circumstances you can request that the processing of your data be restricted, e.g. if you believe the data to be false, if their handling is unlawful or if you have registered an objection to their being processed. In this case, your data may only be processed without your consent in a highly restricted manner, for example, for the establishment, exercise and defence of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of other natural or legal persons, Article 18 GDPR.
- Objection to processing of data: You have the option to object to data processing for direct marketing purposes at any time. In addition, if you have special reasons, you may at any time object to the data processing that takes place on the basis of a legitimate interest, Art. 21 DSGVO.
- Data portability: You have the right to receive the data you have already provided us in an established and machine-readable format, and, as far as is technically possible, to request the direct transmission of this to a third party, Article 20 GDPR.
To exercise these rights, we request that you contact our data protection officer via email on email@example.com or in writing to the address given above.
The data protection officer of Sasol Wax GmbH can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority.