Qualified and experienced employees are our company’s most important resource. We invest in their development and in long-term collaboration with our employees. Through our forward-looking human resource policy, we are focusing primarily on the challenges that are arising for the sustainable social development of our company from demographic change.
In our “Social Sustainability” project, we have set ourselves the task of supporting our employees in their economic potential, health and motivation, developing junior employees and at the same time intensifying the transfer of knowledge and experience from older to younger employees. In doing so, we fulfil our social responsibility as employers.
In 2013, a separate function was created for this project to align existing measures and develop them consistently. In the meantime, the project comprises the following areas:
- Work organisation
- Improving the flexibility of working hours
- Plant health promotion
- Compatibility of work and family (certified berufundfamilie gGmbH company)
- Equal opportunities
- Employee retention and recruitment
Measures we have already taken include:
- Introducing an external employee and social advisory service
- Offer of voluntary participation in early detection screenings to complement the occupational health check
- Expansion of leave of absence for employees to care for relatives above and beyond the legally prescribed minimum
- Provision of day-care places for children, e.g. in the summer holidays
- A scholarship programme for former trainees who would like to pursue a university degree